Tuesday, June 3, 2008

You have to start somewhere...

Upon opening the white styrofoam package of goodness, I quickly realized I would be starting close to the bottom. (Or at least, I hoped...)

I'd made my first mistake ordering carne asada combination plate. Lesson number one: stick with tacos.

The meat was about cardboard thickness, color and consistency. There was no rare or even medium-rare tenderness to be savored, as I carefully picked my way through glistening threads (and sometimes clots) of grissle to build a modest taco. After finishing off one taco and a couple spoonfuls of non-descript refried beans and rice, I was done.

For what it was (immediate caloric fulfillment on a cold, rainy night), it was ok. Before writing them off completely, I'm determined to go back and try learning from my mistakes and just sticking to tacos. Simple, good, & crazy delicious tacos.

No comments: